A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, August 29, 2017

Neglecting My Blog

It's been a week since I last posted and several things have happened.

On Tuesday and Wednesday last week I walked in the morning before going to work. On Thursday I completed my annual FORCE Test. My weight right now is very high so my results were less than stellar. At least I still passed. I did however hurt my right pubic area which I thought may be an athletic hernia. More to follow.

On Friday my unit had PT and I did some light Squats.

Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 3 sets/6 reps/bar, 6 sets/6 reps/135lbs.

On Saturday my family and I moved the 17 Wing Strength Club from one building to another. Just walking back and forth I walked over 5 km.

On Sunday I went fishing with my son.

Monday morning I went to the hospital to get what I thought was a hernia checked out. The Dr believes its a strain because there are no signs of a hernia. That's good news to me. In the afternoon my unit had PT again. Instead of playing floor hockey or volleyball I went for a 5 km walk.

Today my strain is feeling better so I got out into the garage for some Bench Press.

Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 2 sets/12 reps/135lbs, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/8, 4, 6, 4 reps.

I am extremely happy with 8 reps but after the last set of 4 reps my left triceps started to spasm. I wanted to do another set of 4 reps but decided to stop instead of risking tearing my triceps.

All in all a good training day.

Snowdaddy

No comments: