A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, November 07, 2016

Squats and Bench Press

Training at March AFB today. It was a bit busy in the weight room but The guys using the rack then the bench let me work in.

Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 365lbs/4 reps, 3 sets/6 reps/315lbs, 335lbs/6 reps.

I wore my knee sleeves from the 365lbs set onward but I didn't wear my belt. No aches or pains anywhere. I felt great!

Bench Press - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 275lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps, 3 sets/3 reps/315lbs, 335lbs/3 reps.

Again everything felt great! My head didn't hurt at all. Afterwards I had a quick discussing with a friend about blood pressure. His thoughts were, although I don't have high resting blood pressure because of my size and muscularity my blood pressure may be spiking during heavy / high reps sets. This would result in an exersion head ache. Sets of six reps today didn't bother me at all. I'm becoming more aware of myself and how training effects me. Interesting.

Snowdaddy

No comments: