A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, January 07, 2016

Equipped Bench Press

Another successful training day on the bench.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Bench Press - 4 sets/various increasing weights/various reps.

I didn't focus on my warm ups as much as I have in the past. I will need to correct that for next training day.

Working Sets
Equipped Bench Press - 225kg/3 board/2 reps, 245kg/2 board/1 rep, 245kg/1 board/1 rep.

At this time I pushed myself farther than I was ready for and missed the next two singles.

Equipped Bench Press - 245kg/no boards/miss, 250kg/no boards/miss.

My goal for training was 245kg/1 board. I did that and I was foolish to go past that. My numbers are way beyond anything I have handled in the past and I need to take things slow and deliberate. More training days in the bench shirt will lead to more experience and CNS conditioning. I am getting better. Enjoy the journey don't rush.

Snowdaddy

No comments: