A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, January 10, 2016

Deadlifts

My deadlifts are still offering me grief. Because of my bigger belly I am having problems wearing my belt and getting to the bar. Furthermore, last night I could not get to sleep. Training was performed today on only 3 hours of sleep. Drink some pre-workout, grip, and go.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Deadlifts - 125kg/6 reps, 175kg/2 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 5 sets/1, 2, 1, 2, 1 reps/225kg.
Still trying to get down to the bar properly. Wearing the lever belt is causing problems. I wore a belt on some of the sets, not all.

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (no belt) - 4 sets/4, 8, 8, 10 reps/175kg.

Once again I destroyed myself with the pump phase of training. As Mr. Hepburn says, "The Pump Phase builds champions".

Video of 175kg/10 reps.

Snowdaddy

No comments: