A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 04, 2016

Deadlifts

Another Deadlifts day and my strength escapes me. I have narrowed down my problem to many different factors. All of which or just one could be the problem. I will continue to train hard and hopefully every problem will work itself out.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
OH Band Squats - 6 reps.
Deadlifts - 70kg/6 reps, 120kg/6 reps, 170kg/2 reps, 220kg/1 rep.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 2 sets/1 rep/250kg.
At this point my pulls don't have the power to handle 250kg.  I decided to switch to rack pulls. I didn't fair much better.

Pump Phase
Deadlifts - 4 sets/4, 6, 8, 10 reps/170kg.

I was much happier with the Pump Phase. I thought there would be no improvement on last week's 365lbs for 10 reps. I love proving myself wrong. I will keep pushing.

Snowdaddy

No comments: