A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, November 17, 2015

Training For Nationals

Today was my first day of serious training for Nationals. Squats today went better than I thought they would. Feeling good!!! I changed my stance making it a bit wider. This seems to have made all the different. I feel more stable and get more drive out of the hole.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar (20kg) - 12 reps, 70kg/12 reps, 120kg/6 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with knee sleeves and belt) - 6 sets/1 rep/185kg.

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt only) - 3 sets/4 reps/130kg, 3 sets/5 reps/130kg.

I was supposed to start the Power Phase with only 4 singles but I felt good and decided to push the limits where I'm starting. Next Squat training I will go up in weight and drop the sets to 4. One step at a time.

Snowdaddy

No comments: