A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, May 26, 2015

Bench Press

Benching in the garage tonight. The weather is great and the garage is nice and warm. Perfect for Bench Press.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 275lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 8 sets/1 rep/350lbs.
not very strong tonight but it's what I had. My Bench Press still seems to be suffering from the stomach bug I had last week.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
even the pump phase felt heavy tonight. the last rep of the sixth set was a grind.

Extra Stuff
Cable Press Downs - 3 sets/12 reps/25kg.
Dumbbell Concentration Curls - 3 sets/8 reps/35lbs.

At the end of tonight's work out I noticed that my wife's winter tires have a hole in the middle of the rim that fits almost perfectly on my bar. I wonder what she will say about that? Nothing good I can imagine.

Snowdaddy

No comments: