A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, March 10, 2015

Bench Press

The Bench Press train keeps rolling along. As long as I keep making gains I will continue to push myself. Today was another good / strong work out.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 75kg/12 reps, 75kg/4 reps (dynamic), 125kg/10 reps, 125kg/4 reps (dynamic).

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/165kg
First rep with a long pause, Fourth rep one finger narrower.

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with light bands) - 3 sets/5, 4, 4 reps/165kg
Bench Press - 3 sets/5, 6, 6 reps/125kg.

I was really able to engage my lats during the Pump Phase. With my lats engaged the reps seemed much easier. It is hard to describe but as I've said before, I think my Bench Press is evolving and I am destined for some big gains in the near future. Thurday is Squat day.

Snowdaddy

No comments: