A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, February 01, 2015

Birthday Squats!!!

Today was a great day for Birthday Squats!!! Not my Birthday but my son's 12th Birthday. I told him that today he would squat his body weight. He weighed in at an even 40kg. Lots of warm up sets and he was ready to get under the weight. A little shaky but he managed it for two good reps. I am so proud of him. I think he is pretty pumped about it as well.
Inspired by my son's performance I too had a great squat day.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching
Squats - 65kg/8 reps, 65kg/4 reps (dynamic), 115kg/6 reps, 115kg/3 reps (dynamic), 165kg/3 reps, 165kg/1 rep (dynamic).

Power Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 185kg/2 reps, 195kg/1 rep, 205kg/1 rep.

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt and neoprene shorts) - 6 sets/5 reps/125kg.
Last set was for 6 reps.

A really great training day. Now, would somebody feel me???!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: