A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, February 22, 2015

Bench Press

On Friday I made an early trip to the Strength Club to hit some Bench Press. I had an early start because at noon I was scheduled to move the Manitoba Powerlifting Association competition equipment from the club, where we are storing it, to the Brickhouse Gym where the Provincials were being held on Saturday. It was a good meet and I was just there to help out, not compete.
I'm still suffering from a cold so it was a rough day. Benching was good.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stetching.
Bench Press - 75kg/12 reps, 75kg/4 reps (dynamic), 125kg/8 reps, 125kg/4 reps (dynamic).

Power Phase
Bench Press - 4 sets/2, 1, 1, 1 rep/160kg, 4 sets/1 rep/162.5kg.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/6, 6, 5, 6, 6, 6 reps/125kg.

This was just the beginning. I spent the rest of the day with my good friend Brock moving the equipment. I finished up at about 1530hrs then my lovely wife took me for all I could eat ribs. There we filled up on good food and laughed until we cried. I am a lucky man.

Snowdaddy

No comments: