A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, January 16, 2015

Squats

Not as strong as last Squat day but still beat myself up. But, I'm not a spent after today's training as I was last time. IE, it's getting easier.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - OH with light band/6 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 135lbs/3 reps dynamic, 225lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/3 reps dynamic, 315lbs/3 reps, 315lbs/1 rep dynamic.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 4 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
These all felt very controlled and my form didn't break during any of them.

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt not knee sleeves) - 3 sets/4 reps/245lbs, 3 sets/4, 4, 6 reps/265lbs.

I am still working on the way I hold the bar to take pressure off my elbows. Grasping the bar with my pinky finger under that bar seems to be doing the trick. I need to loose some body weight and work on my core strength. The first set of Pump Phase Squats didn't feel right so I put my belt on and everything felt better. I will try to get to the gym on Sunday for Bench Press. The new training split is working well. I am liking hitting Bench twice in the week. Feeling thick and strong.

Snowdaddy

No comments: