A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, December 25, 2014

New Squat Technique

In the interest of saving my elbows after heavy squats I am changing my set up. A wide grip should do the trick. Also, so I don't grasp the bar too tightly I am putting my pinky under the bar instead of wrapping it around the bar with the other fingers. Felt pretty good.

Warm Up
Double Leg Swings and Extra Stretching.

New Squat Set Up
WG Squats (new set up) - bar/8 reps, bar/8 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 135lbs/4 reps, 135lbs/4 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/1 rep, 315lbs/1 rep, 365lbs/1 rep.

Deadlifts
Deadlifts - 315lbs/4 reps, 5 sets/1 rep/405lbs.

Today was a great training day. Even with the recent adductor the new technique felt good even at 365lbs. I really liked forcing the bar with my upper back only instead of pressing with my back and arms. I also put on my Santa t-shirt for training today as it is Christmas. Merry Christmas.



Snowdaddy

No comments: