A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, December 09, 2014

Bench Press

This training day was not at home or at the 17 Wing Strength Club. I have been deployed and I am located at an undisclosed northern location. I will be able to post pictures later but until then I will just be able to post on the lifts.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 8 sets/1, 1, 1, 1, 2, 1, 2, 1 reps/315lbs.

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/6 reps/225lbs.

Extra Stuff
Cable Triceps Extensions - 4 sets/12 reps/various weights.
Hammer Strength Lat Pull Down Machine - 4 sets/8 reps/90, 180, 270, 180lbs.

I really liked the Pump Phase today. They were very dynamic with good speed. Working out at a commercial gym today meant that I was subject to the many weirdo's that work out there. One gym was doing 1/4 dips and pull ups and crashing the stand against the wall with every rep. I could hear him over my head phones. Hopefully I will scare away these geeks when I do Deadlifts next work out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: