A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, December 03, 2014

Bench Press

I suffered through Bench Press today. My elbows were bothering me after Squats yesterday. Today they really were aching. I grit my teeth and hammered through a pretty good work out.

Warm Up
Shoulder Rotations and Stretching
Bench Press - bar/12 reps, 60kg/12 reps, 60kg/8 reps, 100kg/6 reps, 140kg/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/150kg.

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with light bands) - 6 sets/4 reps/100kg +light bands.

In an effort to try to keep my elbows warmed up I also did the following.

Barbell Curls (just bar) - 4 sets/12, 16, 20, 12 reps.

Lowering the last few inches with the bar to my chest was agony. The Pump Phase was light and was fun. I concentrated on speed and pressed the four reps as fast as possible. I would like to do the Pump Phase like this from now on. Lets see if I remember this for next week.

Snowdaddy

No comments: