A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, October 06, 2014

Squats

Time to up the weight today on the Power Phase and start the cycle again. Its about +5 degC outside today and my garage (home gym) is not insulated. Bundled up in sweat pants and a hoodie its time for squats.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/2 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt, no knee sleeves) - 5 sets/1 rep/415lbs.

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt, no knee sleeves) - 5 sets/5, 4, 4, 4, 4 reps/415lbs minus medium bands (325-415lbs).

I'm not happy with the Pump Phase. Funny I would say this but, "Its too heavy". I need to lighten it up a bit and enjoy the Pump. Next week I'll drop the weight to 315lbs and add the medium bands. Should be about 225lbs to 315lbs. Of course I will keep the rest short.

Snowdaddy

No comments: