A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, October 17, 2014

Shoulder Press

It's been a while since my last bought with Standing Shoulder Presses. As I found with the Deadlifts yesterday my core strength is lacking. Good Speed and control off my chest but no stability with the weight during lock out over head. Because of this I decided to hold the last rep of each set for at least 3 seconds to focus on control.

Warm Up
Shoulder Rotations and Light Stretching.
Standing Shoulder Press - bar/12 reps, bar/12 reps, 95lbs/8 reps, 95lbs/8 reps, 105lbs/6 reps, 135lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Standing Shoulder Press - 6 sets/1, 2, 3, 1, 1, 1 reps/185lbs.

Pump Phase
Standing Shoulder Press - 6 sets/4, 5, 4, 4, 4, 4 reps/135lbs.

Extra Stuff
Dumbbell Side Laterals - 4 sets/16 reps/22.5lbs.

All the Side Laterals were done with palms forward to focus on the rear delts.  I am enjoying a really good shoulder pump right now. Also the abs are a bit taxed as well.

Snowdaddy

No comments: