A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, October 16, 2014

Deadlifts and Weak Core

Isn't it nice to find faults in your physical make up. Deadlifts today showed me I could use more work on my very robust core region.

Warm Up
Elyptical Trainer - 5 minutes.
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Paused Squats - 6 reps/bar.
Deadlifts - 125kg/6 reps, 175kg/2 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 6 sets/1 rep/225kg.

The Fifth set I tried with out the belt and found I am lacking core strength. I usually effortlessly push my hips through at the top of the pull. Today I felt a bit sloppy at the top. Time for some core work.

Sit ups - 20 reps

Now my abs cramp up. That's fun.

Lat Pull Downs - 3 sets/12, 8, 6 reps/175, 195, 205lbs.
Dumbbell Rows - 1 set/12 reps/105lbs.
Lat Press Downs - 2 sets/12 reps/100, 120lbs.

Sit Ups - 20 reps, and another cramp.

Eating now then I think I will go for a walk at a local park and take some lovely fall photos.

Snowdaddy

No comments: