A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, October 10, 2014

Deadlifts and Walking

On Wednesday I went into work early for some Deadlifts at the 17 Wing Strength Club. I dropped my weight a bit in order to focus on technique and speed.

Warm Up
Eliptical Trainer - 5 minutes.
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Paused Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Deadlifts - 175kg/3 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts - 5 sets/1 rep/225kg. VIDEO

Pump Phase
Deadlifts - 3 sets/3 reps/175lbs.

I did some extra dumbbell rows and lat pull downs but nothing really worth talking about. All Deadlifts were controlled and felt good. I could feel my leg drive and held the pull at the top for a good three seconds before putting the weight down.

Yesterday I had off. This morning I went for a walk. 4.16km, 43:07 minutes, 696kcal. Feeling really good.

Snowdaddy

No comments: