A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, October 07, 2014

Bench Press

Another cold one in the garage today. I looked outside and the sleet is coming in sideways. Bundled up its time for some Bench Press.

Warm Up
Stretching and Shoulder Rotations.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/355lbs.

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with light bands) - 6 sets/4 reps/315lbs minus bands (275-295lbs).

As with Squats yesterday I decided to drop the weight on the Pump Phase in order to focus on speed / form / technique. Also instead of taking excessive rest between sets with the heavier Pump Phase I can also keep the tempo up with shorter rest periods. I will try this for a while and see how it goes.

Along with training today I looked up on Youtube how to open the beer keg I got at a yard sale last summer. While relieving the pressure Foam sprayed everywhere. Now the garage smells like a brewery. At least the left over beer in the keg wasn't skunky. Funny!!!

Snowdaddy

No comments: