A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, September 16, 2014

Bench Press... & Chains

Inspired tonight by watching a Youtube video on how to train with chains. I was lucky to find chain a few years back and fashioned five foot lengths totaling 65lbs per side. I really like training with them. They add a different / Hard Core dimension to the work out.

Warm Up
Leg Swings / Rotations and Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 7 sets/1 rep/350lbs (last set for a touch and go double).

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with chains) - 7 sets/4, 5, 4, 4, 3, 3, 3 reps/225lbs + 130lbs Chain.

Extra Stuff
Medium Band Pull Downs - 3 sets/12 paused reps.
NG Press Downs - 3 sets/12 reps/25kg.

The Bench Press is getting stronger and I'm gaining more control. I will continue to train hard and push myself. 400lbs will be on the bar again soon.

Snowdaddy

No comments: