A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 17, 2014

Squats

Today was long but fun. My daughter had her 9th Birthday Party and to celebrate we went to the Zoo. The walk took about 2 hours in the sun and heat. I came home after had dinner and Birthday Cake and fell asleep for about an hour. To say the least my head and body wasn't into Squatting today. Seems to be a bit of a trend for me lately. Oh well it is summer.

Leg Swings and Stretching.

Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 2 sets/1 rep/405lbs (no belt, no knee sleeves), 2 sets/1 rep/405lbs (just a belt), 3 sets/1 rep/315lbs (with belt, speed)

Ab Sling Knee Ups - 3 sets/12 reps.

The first specific core work I've done in a while. Felt pretty good. The RAW squats felt good. I really need to work on my confidence and thus speed. I'll stay at 405lbs for a while until the confidence comes back.

Snowdaddy.

No comments: