A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, June 27, 2014

Deadlifts

More of a social work out today. I got together with a good friend of mine who is a certified Cross Fit and Olympic lifting coach. We spent more time talking about training than lifting. Very rewarding.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Working Sets
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/4 reps, 495lbs/2 rep, 565lbs/miss.

I was given a great quote from my training partner today after I missed 565lbs. "The difference between an amateur lifter and a pro lifter is that a pro lifter doesn't do battle with the weights. The weights are simply a tool to improve strength and missing a lift is just part of training". This makes a lot of sense to me. Weights don't take lifting personally, why should I?

Snowdaddy

No comments: