A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, January 03, 2014

Deadlifts, sort of...

At the beginning of the week I went out sledding with my kids. At my age I should really know better. On my first run down the hill I hit a bump and it jarred my ass bone. I continued a few more time before calling it quits. As the week has gone on my butt keeps getting worse. I have trouble sitting and it becomes quite uncomfortable when I sit for longer than 15 minutes. I decided to give lifting a shot today.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Stretching.
Squats - bar/12 reps, 185lbs/6 reps.
Deadlifts - 275lbs/6 reps, 365lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 2 sets/1 rep/530lbs.

At this point I called an end to Deadlifts. I couldn't drive into the bar at the start of the pull. I also didn't want to make my butt any worse. The work I did was better than nothing. Time for some core work.

Core Work
Ab Sling Knee Ups - 5 sets/12 reps.

I will try Squats on Sunday. Hopefully I'm a bit better then.

Snowdaddy

No comments: