A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, January 15, 2014

Bench Press

Really tired tonight. Almost felt like falling asleep during the Pump Phase of the work out. Still, I managed to man up and get it done.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press (with wrist wraps) - 6 sets/1 rep/365lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with wrist wraps and light bands) - 6 sets/5, 5, 5, 4, 4, 4 reps/300 to 320lbs
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Support Work
Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 4 sets/12 reps/37lbs.
Dumbbell OH Extensions - 4 sets/12 reps/37lbs.
Dumbbell Rows - 3 sets/8 reps/145lbs.
Cable Press Downs - 3 sets/12 reps/25kg.
Concentration Curls - 2 sets/8 reps/37lbs.

I didn't warm up as much as I should have today and now my legs are tight and sore. My right anterior shoulder has been causing me some pain. I considered resting the remainder of the week but the iron made me think other wise. I'm glad I worked out. My shoulder feels much better. I guess I'll see tomorrow. On another note... I have been off my diet now for quite some time and my weight is back up well over 300lbs. Time to get back on the horse and restart my diet.

Snowdaddy

No comments: