A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, October 18, 2013

Eastern Canadian Openers

With one week left before heading to Sydney Nova Scotia for the 2013 Eastern Canadian Powerlifting Championships its time to hit my opening lifts. Earlier this week I had some issues with my left adductor muscle. With some rest, foam rolling, and some meds I'm feeling better. Not 100% mind you. I still feel a bit of tighness and pain. If Powerlifting was an easy sport they would call it ping pong.

Warm Up
Leg Swings and Lots of Stretching

Squats
Bar/10 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/4 reps, 315lbs/1 rep, 315lbs/1 rep, 365lbs/1 rep, 405lbs/1 rep (opener).

Deadlifts
365lbs/4 reps, 505lbs/1 rep (opener).

Both operners were easy and controlled. I know the adductor is a problem still but it's behaving its self. This next week should help some and I should be good for some bigger lifts come competition day. Monday I will hit the Bench Press for my opener then I'll take it easy.

Snowdaddy

No comments: