A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Bench Press

Bench Presskeeps feeling better and better. I have no doubts that I will be pressing new personal bests before the end of this year. Today was light and controlled resulting in a very nice pump.

Warm Up
Shoulder Rotation and Mobility.
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, (NG) 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/315lbs. (last set for 2 reps)

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with light bands) - 3 sets/6 reps/315lbs.

Extra Stuff
alternate the following
Dumbbell Hammer Curls - 3 sets/12 reps/40lbs.
Dumbbell OH Extensions - 3 sets/12 reps/40lbs.

I bought a new flat bench recently and I am very pleased with it. The width of the bench is enough that I can tuck my scapulla onto the bench and get a proper set up. A good work out.

Snowdaddy

No comments: