A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, September 08, 2013

Squats Day 7

My lower back is buggered again. It really screws up my pre competition training. With nothing else I can do I am gearing back and focusing on the fundimentals. Extra warm ups, extra stretching, and extra time. Today felt great. It wasn't very difficult but it was the first time in a while I've felt connected to the lifts.

Warm Ups
Leg Swings - 12 per side.
Groin Stretching.
Bent over calf and hamstring stretch.
Squats - Bar/12 reps, 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Working Sets
Squats (with belt only) - 3 sets/1 rep/315lbs, 3 sets/1 rep/335lbs, 3 sets/1 rep/355lbs.

Every set I gave maximum concentration on holding the bar, bar position on my back, upper back tighness, and core tightness. Every set was slow and controlled being sure to sit back and sit up. Right now my lower back feels much better.

Snowdaddy

No comments: