A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 25, 2013

Eastern Canadian Training Squats Day 1

Today is my first day of training for the Eastern Canadian Powerlifting Championships, 26 October, Sydney Nova Scotia. This summer has been extreemly busy and my motivation has been lacking. I tried a new training program with a training partner for a few months. Although I liked the company while training I have concluded that I prefer to train by myself. Now that I've done complaining...

Warm Ups
Lots of time spent on foam rolling and stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 3 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt no knee sleeves) - 6 sets/3 reps/405lbs with med bands (300lbs to 365lbs)
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Core Work
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 3 sets/20 reps.

I switched back to the Doug Hepburn "B" routine. I really enjoyed the familiarity of this program. It really seems to suit and work for me. Next work out is Bench Press.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

McLifter said...

Why change when something is working? I think that we sometimes forget that simple hard work with a good plan will yield results. Are you lifting with gear or Unequipped?