A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Shoulders

Yesterday I did a few Deadlifts with Grant Connors. Today I wanted to get some shoulder work to complete what I should have been working on.

Seated Shoulder Press - bar/12 reps, 95lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 8 sets/3 reps/185lbs.
Standing Plate Shrugs - 5 sets/12 reps/45lbs per hand.
Seated Concentration Dumbbell Curls - 2 sets/8 reps/35lbs, 5 sets/4 reps/50lbs.

At this point I got my ball glove and played catch with my son for about 30 minutes. After that I brought my 35lbs blob dumbbell out into the year to practice some throwing. Five times per arm. It felt really good to practice something so dynamic. I will try them again soon.
I also found out where I may have injured myself which is effecting my Bench Press. I will monitor my left arm where the biceps attaches to the shoulder. There is a bit of a strain in that location.

Snowdaddy

No comments: