A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, June 03, 2013

Doug Hepburn "A" Routine

Today was day one of my new routine. I've been following the Doug Hepburn "B" routine for two years now and although it has given me some amazing results it was becoming too familiar. Time or a change. Lucky for me Mr. Hepburn has an "A" routine.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Stretching and Foam Rolling.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps.

Power Phase
Squats - 8 sets/2 reps/365lbs.
Bench Press - 5 sets/2 reps/295lbs, 3 sets/2 reps/315lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats - 1 set/6 reps/365lbs - doubled light bands, 2 sets/6 reps/405lbs - doubled light bands.
Bench Press - 3 sets/6 reps/335lbs - light bands.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Amazing work out. The Powerhouse was warm and humid and I was soaked when the work out was finished. The weights were light but being a new routine it was difficult. I know I will become accustomed to the volume and this program will offer some great results as the "B" routine did.

Snowdaddy

No comments: