A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, May 08, 2013

Squats

Not in gear this time but just as intense. I took my time today and enjoyed the rest between sets. No timings to keep, just bending the bar.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
More Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/415lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/420lbs.
*ample rest*

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt and chains) - 5 sets/4 reps/285+120lbs chain., 1 set/5 reps/285+120lbs chain.
*shorter rest than Power Phase*

These heavier work outs are feeling great. I am however noticing a few things like an achy left hip and my upper back feels tight. I guess I'm getting old (and stronger).

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for one's marvelous posting! I really enjoyed reading it, you might be a great author.I will be sure to bookmark your blog and will eventually come back in the foreseeable future. I want to encourage one to continue your great job, have a nice weekend!

Here is my website: Rc Hobbies Now