A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Wednesday, May 01, 2013

Deadlifts

Last night at work was slow and I brought my lifting gear. I didn't get to the gym until just after 2100hrs. I don't usually work out that late, now I know why.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
Deadlifts - 405lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/525lbs.
*aprox 5 minutes rest after each set*

The 4th set was very difficult. It was like all the energy was sapped out of my body. Mentally and physically.

Pump Phase
Deadlifts - 405lbs/2 reps.
At this point I'm completely spent. I was really surprised how quick the fatigue got to me. Being a smart fellow I called it quits.

Core Work
Sit Ups - 20, 10, 10 reps.
Knee Ups - 10, 10, 15 reps.

Now it's 2230hrs and I'm ready for bed. Funny how I've been training for so many years and I still learn something all the time. No more late work outs.

525lbs Deadlift Video

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Tom said...

Hi Robert,

Late workouts do that to me as well. I did a bench workout last Wednesday about 7p and it seemed to take forever! The 4th set of 7 singles was a challenge but the rest went well.

I think I'll try to stick with my lunchtime workouts as much as possible.