A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, April 16, 2013

Squats

Yesterday I was supposed to walk to the Powerhouse (~3km) and do Squats. When I got there I realized that my beloved Powerhouse is becoming a bit of a shit-pit. So, I decided to clean up instead. 3 hours later and the Powerhouse gym looks slightly better than before. I will call it a work in progress.

Today I did the Squats I was supposed to do on Monday. Not my best performance this morning. Warm ups felt tight and everything felt heavy. Despite my lack of strength I soldiered on and got in a good work out.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps (very tight).
More Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps (feeling better), 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (belt only) - 6 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*5 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (-light bands) - 405lbs/7 reps, 6 sets/4, 4, 4, 4, 5, 5 reps/455lbs. (7 sets total).
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
alternate the following
Lying Leg Curls - 3 sets/12, 12, 16 reps/60lbs.
Leg Extensions - 3 sets/16 reps/100lbs.

The Power Phase was heavy and I really grinded through the sets. The Pump Phase felt good. I think the actual weight with the doubled light bands was 275lbs on the bottom and 365lbs at the top. The Extra Stuff was fun. I haven't done leg curls or extension in years. Maybe I'll be really sore tomorrow. I hope.

Snowdaddy

No comments: