A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Friday, April 26, 2013

Shearwater Formation Bench Press Meet

Gotta love getting paid to be a Powerlifter. Today we drove to Shearwater Nova Scotia, near Halifax, for the first Formation Military Only Bench Press Competition. At 0900hrs I weighed in at 301lbs, went to the washroom, then weighed in again at 300lbs. Now I'm ready for battle.

Warm Ups
Foam Rolling.
Bench Press - 70kg/12 reps, 120kg/6 reps, 145kg/1 rep.

Competition
1st Attempt - 150kg, easy opener.
2nd Attempt - 160kg, a bit heavier but still very manageable.
3rd Attempt - 165kg, a new competition PB!!!
4th Attempt (not counted, just for fun) - 167.5kg, went all out on this lift. I let the bar sink into my chest as deep as I could then "THRUST" it out. Good speed out of the bottom translated to an easy lock out. I may have left 2.5 to 5kg on the platform today. 7.5kg competition Personal Best.

75kg Bench Press for reps - 37 reps. First time ever attempting this. I'm very surprised and pleased with this number of reps. Considering I hardly ever press above 12 reps.

This lines me up perfectly for future competitions. I really like the idea of 7.5kg added to my total.

Snowdaddy

No comments: