A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, April 18, 2013

Bench Press

Yesterday's Bench Press was my strongest in quite some time. As time goes on I'm feeling much more stable and comfortable on the bench. I read an article the other day. It talked about how the Bench Press is a "mature" lift. It takes time to build a Good Bench Press. I believe it.

Warm Up
Light Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/16 reps, 225lbs/10 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press (no wraps) - 7 sets/1 rep/350lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with light bands) - 6 sets/6 reps/350lbs (270lbs to 300lbs).
*3 minutes rest after each set*

I was working out at work yesterday and at this point of my work out I had to call it quits or I was going to be late. A really good work out and well on my way towards my goal of Bench Pressing 400lbs this year.
Next week Friday (26 April) I have a Bench Press competition in Shearwater Nova Scotia. My goal is to improve on my best classic competition bench of 160kg. 165kg sounds good.

Snowdaddy

No comments: