A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, March 05, 2013

Bench Press

Bench Press today felt much better than last week. The garage today was cold +2 degC. I didn't have any wood to burn in the stove so I just bundled up and kept the work out "Hard Core". The cold didn't bother me at all.

Warm Up
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/335lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/345lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with Titan RAM) - 3 sets/4 reps/345lbs, 3 sets/3 reps/345lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
Stability Ball Sit Ups - 4 sets/20 reps.
Plate Curls - 3 sets/16, 18, 20 reps/45lbs.
Plate Extensions - 3 sets/16, 18, 20 reps/45lbs.

A really good, cold work out this morning. My left forearm is a bit sore when pressing. I know it's just growing pains and as I get stronger my weak points will also get stronger and the pain will go away. Feeling big and strong. Now it's time to get into the zone, get my game face on, and load up the bar.

Snowdaddy

No comments: