A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, February 23, 2013

Deadlifts

Went into work about 2 hours early to play with the new equipment. Our gym purchased some new Rogue toys. Three Rogue bars, bumper plates, GH raise, and West Side Power Rack. I've been wanting to try the Rogue bars for a while now to see if they are stiff or springy. I liked the thickness of the bar being 28.5 mm and the knurling was ample. There was just a feeling of economy about the bar. It didn't feel solid like and Eleiko bar or even my Cap bar. It was stiffer than an Ivanko bar. Considering the price it's a good bar. Heres how my Deadlifts went.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps.
Extensive Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 185lbs/8 reps.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 3 sets/1 rep/495lbs, 495lbs/515lbs.
*5 mintes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Deadlifts (with belt) - 6 sets/3 reps/405lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Not very strong but my back is feeling thick and full today. None of the sets were overly difficult. Watching the video of my lifts I noticed my hips where coming up which means my hamstrings need some work. That will come with heavier squats. I'm back in the game... It's time for war.

Snowdaddy

No comments: