A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, January 07, 2013

PT Test Training

As I do every year around this time I have to drop my regular powerlifting routine and replace it with a more cardiovascular based program. This morning I went for a jog on the indoor track at the base gym. This was my first time this year jogging on the indoor track so it was a test to see where my cardiovascular level is at. All the walking and loosing 30lbs definitely helped.

Warm Up (1 lap = 125m).
Walk - 2 laps.
Jog - 2 laps.
Walk - 2 laps.
Stretching.

Cardio Work
Jog - 7 laps, ~6 minutes.
Walk - 2 lap.
Jog 50m / Walk 75m - 7 laps.
Walk - 2 laps.

Total - 24 laps = 3km.

More Work
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 6 sets/2 reps/315lbs (short rest).

I wanted to ride the stationary bike after the squats but the gym was so full of elderly people that there were no bikes to ride. Time to pack up and have a shower. I'm really pleased with the 7 laps. Pass for my PT test is 5 minutes of a 20m shuttle run. I feel very confident that I'm going to have no trouble with that this year. Later this week I will walk to the Powerhouse again for some Bench Press. Tuesday or Wednesday will be Core work.

Snowdaddy

No comments: