A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, January 01, 2013

Bench Press

Last week I trained with my buffalo bar. This week I used my regular Olympic bar with the same weight and it kicked my ass. Good for me!!!

Warm Up
Stretching and Foam Rolling.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/12 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press (with wrist wraps) - 4 sets/1 rep/360lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with wrist wraps and Titan RAM) - 6 sets/4 reps/360lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
OH Plate Extensions - 3 sets/20 reps/45lbs.
Plate Curls - 3 sets/20 reps/45lbs.
Plate Front Raises - 2 sets/12 reps/45lbs

I really like the Plate Front Raises. My front delts are feeling a good pump. These are good weights. Next week I'll follow my Doug Hepburn program correctly. "tisk, tisk".

Snowdaddy

No comments: