A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, November 25, 2012

Squats

Why try to reinvent the wheel. The Doug Hepburn B routine has been working great for well over a year now. I will continue to work Squats, Bench Press, and Deadlifts but add cardio on all of my off days. Obviously no high impact like jogging the day before squats. Today's squats felt great. Lots of leg drive and plenty of depth.

Warm Up
Stationary Bike - 5 minutes.
Light Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/405lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (with belt) - 6 sets/4 reps/405lbs + Heavy Bands (250 to 360lbs).
*2 minutes rest after each sets*

I really like the bands on the Pump Phase. 250lbs at the bottom is a bit light but 360lbs is heavier at the top. A note on my diet... I feel great and I'm loosing weight all the time. At the Eastern Canadians I weighed in at 142.5kg which is a total of 25lbs lost since 29 September. I will weigh myself tomorrow morning to see if I'm any lighter.

Snowdaddy

1 comment:

Tom said...

Great to hear about your success and congrats on post 1001!!

Quick question: I didn't lift for 10 days near the end of a cycle of Hepburn B (singles). I have lost all strength!! Where I was once getting six reps easily, it is a life-and-death struggle to get two. Any suggestions to regain this strength quickly? (Pump sets, by the way, fell a bit heavy, but I get all reps).

Many thanks for any and all assistance.

Tom