A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, October 28, 2012

Squats

I'm still recovering from a cold / flu hence why I've put off squats until tonight. I still haven't rested enough. My face felt like it would burst into flames after each set. Still, I'm glad I did squats tonight eventhough they were'nt ideal.

Warm Up
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/1 rep.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt and knee sleeves) - 3 sets/1 rep/470lbs. (VIDEO)
*ample rest to recover*

Pump Phase
Squats (no belt, no knee sleeves) - 315lbs/3 reps.
by this time my face is on FIRE!!!

Time to stop. Next week is the last week of training before the competition so it will be better. Or, it will kill me. I am pleased with squating 470lbs for 3 singles. Not too shabby.

Snowdaddy

No comments: