A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Squats

Squats didn't go as well as planned today... So.... I beat the crap out of myself.

Warm Ups
Squats - bar/6 reps, 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/1 rep.
Stretching.

Power Phase
Squats (knee sleeves and belt) - 465lbs/miss, now the fun begins, 3 sets/1 rep/405lbs, 3 sets/1 rep/425lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/440lbs.
*3 minutes rest between each set*

Pump Phase
Squats (no knee sleeves, nor belt) - 6 sets/3 reps/315lbs.
*2 minutes rest between sets*

Cardio/Core Work
Walk 2 Laps (250m), 20 stability ball sit ups/ 5 sets.

Much shorter rest during the Power Phase made the lighter weights very intense. I was working out at the base gym today and I forgot my tunes. Maybe a few things were the cause of my weakness today. My purpose for lifting in the base gym today was to help with adapting to different enviroments. I doesn't help in competition if you only ever lift in one gym. As soon as you get onto the platform everything is different. Being accustom to the change really helps. Obviously it helped today. I'll take a good break this week end and be hard at it next week.

Snowdaddy

No comments: