A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, October 11, 2012

Squats

Heaviest classic squat work out to date. I can feel my hip and glute muscles right down to the bone. A really good work out making me even more comfortable with the bigger weights.

Warm Up
Squats - 135lbs/8 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/3 reps, 405lbs/1 rep.
Light Stretching.

Power Phase
Classic Squats (knee sleeves and belt) - 5 sets/1 rep/465lbs.
*5 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Raw Squats (no knee sleeves, no belt) - 6 sets/3 reps/335lbs.
*2 to 3 minutes rest between sets*

The most structured work out as far as rest I've had with these weights. In the past I've taken what ever rest was required to recover between sets. There was a really bad sticking point during the Power Phase Squats but I suppose that is to be expected. I'm pleased with my performance this week. Next week I'll be lighter body weight and the strength will still be solid.

Snowdaddy

No comments: