A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Tuesday, October 16, 2012

Bench Press

Much better performance this week than the chaos of last week. Feeling stronger and stronger every week.

Warm Up
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 135lbs/6 reps (narrow grip), 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.
Stretching upper and lower body.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 6 sets/1 rep/355lbs. (wrist wraps used on last two sets)
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press with Titan RAM - 355lbs/5 reps, 2 sets/4 reps/365lbs, 3 sets/3 reps/365lbs. (all with wrist wraps)
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Triceps Work
Cable Extensions - 3 sets/14 reps/40kg.

Even though I just started to incorporate triceps work again it's already paying off. Today I didn't have any problems with my elbows flaring. Every set my elbows were tucked in and I was able to drive hard off my chest. I'm feeling a bit run down this week. So I should, training has been heavier than ever. Also, being on a diet and losing weight doesn't help. The plus side is I am getting stronger and leaner.

Snowdaddy

No comments: