A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, September 10, 2012

Deadlifts... again

Got together with a good friend today who wanted to do some Deadlifts. Who am I to say "no". My pulls have been good lately so I wanted to do something really special today. I threw down the challenge by texting my training partner that I would be pulling 585lbs. He ensured that I would not be leaving the Powerhouse Gym until I did it.

Warm Up
Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Light Stretching.
Deadlifts - 315lbs/6 reps, 405lbs/2 reps, 495lbs/1 rep.

The 495lbs flew off the floor with little to no resistance. At this point I knew I was ready for 585lbs

Raw Deadlifts (no belt, no wraps, no straps) - 585lbs/1 rep!!!

My training partner says that the lift looked too easy and suggested I try 605lbs. Unfortunately it wasn't to be. It got to my knees but that was it. Next time. 600lbs Deadlift is on my bucket list so I've got some time to do it.

Extra Work
WG Lat Pull Downs - 2 sets/8 reps/180lbs, 3 sets/8 reps/200lbs.
Back Extensions - 2 sets/12 reps.

I found a weak point in my training. Back Extensions were a bit rough. I could feel them from the back of my knees right up to my lower back. 2 sets of 12 reps seemed to be enough. I would like to be able to walk tomorrow.

Snowdaddy

No comments: