A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Thursday, August 09, 2012

Shoulders

Damn it's hot today! Sweat through everything. Power Phase was difficult today. I really had to grind out the singles. I still did what I set out to do though. Grrr!

Warm Up
Shoulder Mobility Exercises.
Seated Shoulder Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 185lbs/8 reps.

Power Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 6 sets/1 rep/255lbs.
*3 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Seated Shoulder Press - 5 sets/6 reps/165lbs, 1 set/7 reps/165lbs
*3minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
Dumbbell Side Laterals - 1 set/12 reps/25lbs, 3 sets/12 reps/35lbs.
Dumbbell Lying Hammer Ext - 35lbs/12 reps, 40lbs/12 reps, 45lbs/12 reps.

It took a long time for my shoulders to warm up today even though it was so warm. The first single of the Power Phase almost was a miss. The last single was by far the best and went up with a medium amount of struggle. One the advice of a Youtube friend I'm working my triceps more, hence the Hammer Extensions.

Snowdaddy

No comments: