A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Monday, August 27, 2012

Bench Press

I think I'm on to something. Tonight I tried my Titan Ram for the Pump Phase of training with the same weight as the Power Phase. WOW!!! I'm impressed!

Warm Ups
Dynamic Push Ups - 12 reps.
Stretching.
Dynamic Push Ups - 12 reps.
Stretching.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/10 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 5 sets/1 rep/350lbs.
*4 minutes rest after each set*

Pump Phase
Bench Press (with Titan Ram) - 6 sets/3 reps/350lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

Extra Stuff
OH Plate Extensions - 3 sets/12 reps/45lbs.
feeling a good stretch.

I think my fore arms have grown an inch from gripping the heavy weight for all sets. As I mentioned in the past the Ram really exagerates the dynamics of the bench press. I like it a lot.

Snowdaddy

No comments: