A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Bench Press (RAM)

I couldn't wait. I was going to do bench press on Tuesday night but I was bored to tears. Also I wanted to try out my new toy. The Titan RAM.

Warm Up
Stretching
Dynamic Push Ups - 2 sets/12 reps.
Bench Press - 135lbs/12 reps, 225lbs/8 reps, 315lbs/3 reps.

Power Phase
Bench Press - 3 sets/1 rep/345lbs. All these were raw and went up much easier than the last few weeks. Time to bring out the RAM.
Bench Press (RAM) - 345lbs/3 reps, 365lbs/2 reps, 405lbs/1 rep (missed 2nd rep).
*3 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Bench Press - 3 sets/5 reps/275lbs.
*2 minutes rest after each set*

By this time it's 2130hrs and I've got to work tomorrow morning. The first rep of 405lbs went up so easy it felt like a second. I guess it surprised me how easy it went up that it threw me off a bit and I missed my lift. I can really see how this works. You're holding +1RM in your hands raw so it over loads the CNS. All weights after will feel light. Also I noticed how it compliments the dynamic part of the lift off the chest. Sweet! It's not something I really want to get used to using. Just a toy to play with.

Snowdaddy

No comments: