A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Sunday, August 05, 2012

14 Wing Biggest Deadlift

Yesterday The 14 Wing Powerhouse hosted the 14 Wing Greenwood Biggest Deadlift Competition. As the president of the Powerhouse I was the meet director. There were several goals of this competition.
  1. advertise the Powerhouse
  2. gather local strength athletes
  3. break the mold of formality wrt competition.
We kept the competition rules very loose, informal, and hardcore. More like a training work out. The weather was great so we had the competition out doors. The heat was intesnse. it had to be 35 degC. More importantly we used this event to collect food for the local food bank. We managed to collect about 50lbs of non perishable food.

I was pleased with my performance. Here's how it went.

Warm Ups
Paused Squats - 2 sets/6 reps/135lbs.
Deadlifts - 135lbs/6 reps, 225lbs/6 reps, 315lbs/4 reps, 405lbs/2 reps.

Competition
Deadlifts No Belt - 1st attempt 525lbs, 2nd attempt 550lbs, 3rd attempt 585lbs miss, 4th attempt 565lbs.

565lbs on my 4th attempt is a 10lbs PB over my best ever raw deadlift with a belt. My form was spot on and more importantly I'm injury free.

14 Wing Biggest Deadlift

Snowdaddy

No comments: