A Top 40 Weightlifting Blog

Saturday, July 14, 2012

Squats

Life as of late is really getting in the way of my training. I brought my lifting gear to work last night and was lucky enough to get a few hours to bend a bar.

Warm Up
Stretching.
Squats - 135lbs/10 reps, 225lbs/10 reps, 315lbs/4 reps.

Power Phase
Squats (with belt) - 4 sets/1 rep/405lbs, 2 sets/1 rep/425lbs.
*3 to 5 minutes rest between sets*

Pump Phase
Squats (no belt) - 3 sets/3 reps/315lbs, 3 sets/4 reps/315lbs.
*2 minutes rest between sets*

DAMN!!!! What a pump. I had trouble getting to sleep last night because of the twitching in my legs. Today isn't any different. This is an excellent oportunity to change the order of weekly lifts. Monday I'll start the week with deadlifts, bench press, squats, shoulder press. Let's see how it goes. The squats are getting easier and I'm handling the heavier weights better.

Snowdaddy

No comments: